PHP, Apache, and MySQL are the three key open source technologiesthat form the basis for most active Web servers. This book takesyou step by step through understanding each using it andcombining it with the other two on both Linux and Windows servers.
This book will guide you through creating your own sites usingthe open source AMP model. Youll learn to install PHP,Apache, and MySQL. Then youll create PHP Web pages, includingdatabase management and security. Finally, youll discover howto integrate your work with e-commerce and other technologies. Bybuilding different types of Web sites, you will progress fromsetting up simple database tables to tapping the full potential ofPHP, Apache, and MySQL.
When youre finished, you will be able to createwell-designed, dynamic Web sites using open source tools.
What you will learn from this book
- How PHP server-side scripting language works for connectingHTML-based Web pages to a backend database
- Syntax, functions, and commands for PHP, Apache, and MySQL
- Methods and techniques for building user-friendly forms
- How to easily store, update, and access information usingMySQL
- Ways to allow the user to edit a database
- E-commerce applications using these three technologies
- How to set up user logins, profiles, and personalizations
- Proper protocols for error handling
Who this book is for
This book is for beginners who are new to PHP and who need tolearn quickly how to create Web sites using open source tools. Somebasic HTML knowledge is helpful but not essential.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programminglanguages and technologies easier than you think, providing astructured, tutorial format that will guide you through all thetechniques involved.