C# is designed to work with .NET to provide a new framework for programming on the Windows® platform. This comprehensive reference prepares you to program in C#, while at the same time providing the necessary background in how the .NET architecture works.
In this all-new third edition, you’ll be introduced to the fundamentals of C# and find updated coverage of application deployment and globalization. You’ll gain a working knowledge of the language and be able to apply it in the .NET environment, build Windows forms, access databases with ADO.NET, write components for ASP.NET, take advantage of .NET support for working with COM and COM+, and much more.
Here is the complete C# resource for developers, packed with code and examples that have been updated for the latest release – the .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003.
What you will learn from this book
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Methods for manipulating XML using C#
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- How to write Windows applications and Windows services
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- An understanding of .NET Assemblies
- How to generate graphics with C#
- Ways to control .NET security, and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced developers who are already familiar with C++, Visual Basic, or J++. No prior knowledge of C# is required.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.