C# is designed to work with .NET to provide a new framework forprogramming on the Windows® platform. This comprehensivereference prepares you to program in C#, while at the same timeproviding the necessary background in how the .NET architectureworks.
In this all-new third edition, you’ll be introduced to thefundamentals of C# and find updated coverage of applicationdeployment and globalization. You’ll gain a working knowledgeof the language and be able to apply it in the .NET environment,build Windows forms, access databases with ADO.NET, writecomponents for ASP.NET, take advantage of .NET support for workingwith COM and COM+, and much more.
Here is the complete C# resource for developers, packed withcode and examples that have been updated for the latest release– the .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003.
What you will learn from this book
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Methods for manipulating XML using C#
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- How to write Windows applications and Windows services
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- An understanding of .NET Assemblies
- How to generate graphics with C#
- Ways to control .NET security, and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced developers who are already familiarwith C++, Visual Basic, or J++. No prior knowledge of C# isrequired.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written byworking programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.