Written by a high-profile team of ASP.NET experts, this fully updated Professional guide enables you to take full advantage of the power and possibilities of ASP.NET 1.1. You will travel beyond the basics of ASP.NET Web pages, server controls, and data management to a complete understanding of Web services, debugging, performance, migration, and real-world applications.
All code has been rechecked and verified to work correctly with ASP.NET 1.1, and enhancements like improved security and better performance are thoroughly examined and reviewed. This comprehensive, in-depth, practical guidebook will enable you to master new levels of Web application development with the .NET Framework.
What you will learn from this book
- How to get started with ASP.NET and the .NET Framework
- Ways to create ASP.NET pages, work with server controls, and manage data
- Methods for developing, securing, and configuring Web applications
- Basics of base class libraries, components, and extensibility
- Security and performance improvements inherent in version 1.1
- How Web services and ASP.NET function in the mobile arena
- Debugging, performance, migration, and interoperability
- Processes for applying this knowledge in real-world development contexts
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers who have a solid understanding of ASP and want to develop sophisticated ASP.NET 1.1 applications using the .NET Framework. You should be familiar with VB or C-based syntax (C++, Java™, or C#).
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.