Professional .NET 2.0 Generics
Generics represent one of the most compelling additions to the .NET platform, bringing a new dimension of type-safety, expressiveness, and performance to your data types. Professional .NET 2.0 Generics provides a detailed examination of all the facets of what you can achieve through applying generics. This includes both conceptual and syntactic explorations of generic classes, methods, interfaces, and delegates, as well as all the rules that govern their creation and consumption. The book provides comprehensive information on the new BCL generic types and the Power Collections library. It also looks at some of the broader generic topics, including generic guidelines, a comparison with C++ templates, and the underlying details of the .NET generics implementation.
What you will learn from this book
- Techniques for using generics to improve the type-safety of your code
- Steps on how to extend classes and introduce your own derivative generic types
- A point-by-point breakdown of the guidelines for applying generics
- Ways to achieve run-time efficiencies with generic types
- Tips on how to work with generics in both J# and C++
- How to extend and leverage BCL generic types
- Approaches to using generics with serialization and remoting
Who this book is for
This book is for Professional VB.NET and C# programmers and architects who may be new to generics but have strong Microsoft coding skills.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.