If a digital camera can do it, you can do it, too...
Good photography is more art than science. You need to know not only the hardware and software, but also how to compose a photo, edit and improve the images you get, and take pictures that achieve your objectives. From choosing a digital camera to taking shots that tell a story to enhancing your boss’s image, you’ll consult this desktop reference many times over.
Inside, you’ll find what you need to know about digital photography
“…you can’t doubt the usefulness of the information it provides…” (Digital Creative Arts, September 2004)
- Determine what you need in a digital camera and choose the right one
- Improve or repair photos with image editing software
- Understand the workflow of the digital photography process
- Use lenses, focal length, aperture settings, and shutter speed to create professional effects
- Discover the secrets of taking great portraits and photographing sporting events, landscapes, and nature
- Become skilled at image management and RAW conversion
- Develop effective methods of cataloging, storing, and publishing digital images
- Find out how to take good photos when taking pictures is only part of your job