SQL Server Reporting Services is the customizable reporting solution for report designers and programmers. This hands-on guide will get you up to speed quickly. You can create powerful reports without programming knowledge and extend reporting solutions using VB, C#, and ASP.NET.
Packed with detailed examples of building reports, designing report solutions, and developing deployment strategies for interacting with various platforms, this book prepares you to take full advantage of a revolutionary new tool.
What you will learn from this book
- Details of programming reports and report scripting
- Advanced report design, including drill-down reports, nested lists, drill-through, links, and dynamic content
- How to manage reports using Report Manager or program code
- High-level strategies for business support systems
- Rendering reports using .NET code, .NET IO namespace classes, and URL rendering
- Deployment strategies to handle hardware, software, and platform considerations, licensing issues, and scaling options
Who this book is for
This book is for developers and report designers using VB, C#, and ASP.NET who need to tie into SQL Server to build customized reports or to integrate reports into Windows or Web-based applications.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.