Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 is a fully supported, robust, and easilymanaged system for enterprise use. This book offers a completeprofessional guide to setting, configuring, and deploying RHEL 3 AS(Advanced Server), ES (Enterprise Server), and WS (Workstation)editions in the corporate production department.
You will begin with a complete overview and setup instructionsfor RHEL 3, then examine the Red Hat Network, improvements in thefilesystem, and storage management, including ACL (Access ControlList), RAID, and LVM. You will move on through High Availabilityproducts, an overview of Web, Email and Directory services,printing with CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) software, and filesharing with SAMBA and NFS. Finally, youll study securityissues, scripting, and online resources for RHEL 3.
What you will learn from this book
- How to implement and deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 fordesktop, production servers, and mission-critical applications
- Details of Red Hat Enterprise products, including Red HatCluster Suite, Red Hat Content Management System, and Red HatPortal Server.
- Kernel tuning for various performance profiles
- Basic and advanced security policies and methods ofimplementation
- How to use the Red Hat Network to keep your system updated
- Efficient ways to add, remove, or modify dozens or hundreds ofusers simultaneously
Who this book is for
This book is for system administrators who need to deploy andadminister Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 systems efficiently andsecurely. You should have a basic understanding of Linux/Unixoperating systems and preferably, some hands-on experience with RedHat Linux.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by workingprogrammers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.