The changes in ASP.NET 2.0 are numerous, far-reaching, and exciting.
If you've been working with previous versions of ASP.NET, this book will give you a head start in understanding and applying ASP.NET 2.0. You'll find code for the examples in both VB.NET and C#, so you are prepared to use either language.
ASP.NET 2.0 enables you to build powerful, secure, dynamic applications with up to seventy percent less code, according to Microsoft®. Step by step, this book will show you how ASP.NET 2.0 differs from its predecessor, what you need to do to make the transition, and how to use these extensive changes to enhance your development.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use Visual Studio 2005, the new IDE
- Fundamental changes to the ASP.NET page framework, including the code-behind model, new compilation features, cross-page posting, and RESX files for creating international applications
- New procedures for handling and controlling data
- How to use master pages to perform visual inheritance within ASP.NET applications
- Options made available by the portal frameworks that are part of ASP.NET 2.0
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who have already been exposed to previous ASP.NET versions. It guides you through the available ASP.NET 2.0 public beta using examples in both VB.NET and C#.