Beginning Visual Basic® 2005
By harnessing the power of Visual Basic 2005, you can create innovative solutions for a host of programming challenges. These include dynamic applications for use over the Internet as well as mobile applications for Pocket PCs and SmartPhones. Filled with code examples and thorough explanations, this book will help you quickly get up to speed with the language so you can begin writing your own customized programs.
You'll first discover the various aspects of Visual Basic 2005 as well as its foundation in Microsoft's .NET Framework. You'll then develop your programming skills as you progress through various exercises that show you how to build rich and professional looking applications. Along the way, you'll also learn about object-oriented programming, creating custom controls, working with databases, and much more. All of this will get you started on the road to professional development.
What you will learn from this book
- All about the fundamentals of the Visual Basic language
- How to write Windows®, Web, and mobile applications using Visual Basic 2005
- Tips for utilizing the latest tools and features of Visual Basic 2005, including IDE enhancements, temporary projects, and debugging inspections
- Ways to effectively build and deploy your applications for maximum results
- Techniques for taking advantage of object-oriented principles and the .NET Framework
- Steps for building class libraries, Web Services, and .NET remoting
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who is new to development and wants to learn how to program applications using Visual Basic 2005.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.