Professional C# 2005
C# and .NET are set to revolutionize the way that you writeprograms. Updated for .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio®2005, this bestselling book will give you the tools to program inC#, while also providing you with the necessary background in howthe .NET architecture works.
You'll first explore the fundamentals of C#, including its basicsyntax, data types, and object-oriented features. You'll thendiscover how to apply the language to a number of innovativeapplications that use related technologies, including databaseaccess and advanced graphics. This approach will help you gain awell-rounded understanding of C# so that you can begin programminglike an expert right away.
This book covers everything you need to know in order to writedynamic Web pages, an XML Web service, a component of a distributedapplication, a classic Windows® desktop application, and muchmore.
What you will learn from this book
- The principles of programming in the .NET environment
- Ways to create Windows applications and Windows services
- How to use existing COM components with .NET applications
- Steps for writing dynamic Web pages and Web services withASP.NET
- Techniques for manipulating XML using C# 2005
- How to access databases with ADO.NET and interact withdirectories
- Tips for writing cutting-edge components that will run on Websites
Who this book is for
This book is for the experienced developer, although no previousknowledge of C# or .NET programming is assumed. It is also forprogrammers who know .NET 1.0 and are interested in getting up tospeed with .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written byworking programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.