Professional C# 2005
C# and .NET are set to revolutionize the way that you write programs. Updated for .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio® 2005, this bestselling book will give you the tools to program in C#, while also providing you with the necessary background in how the .NET architecture works.
You'll first explore the fundamentals of C#, including its basic syntax, data types, and object-oriented features. You'll then discover how to apply the language to a number of innovative applications that use related technologies, including database access and advanced graphics. This approach will help you gain a well-rounded understanding of C# so that you can begin programming like an expert right away.
This book covers everything you need to know in order to write dynamic Web pages, an XML Web service, a component of a distributed application, a classic Windows® desktop application, and much more.
What you will learn from this book
- The principles of programming in the .NET environment
- Ways to create Windows applications and Windows services
- How to use existing COM components with .NET applications
- Steps for writing dynamic Web pages and Web services with ASP.NET
- Techniques for manipulating XML using C# 2005
- How to access databases with ADO.NET and interact with directories
- Tips for writing cutting-edge components that will run on Web sites
Who this book is for
This book is for the experienced developer, although no previous knowledge of C# or .NET programming is assumed. It is also for programmers who know .NET 1.0 and are interested in getting up to speed with .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.