If Windows XP can do it, you can do it too ...
Windows XP is the undisputed market leader among operating systems, and the enhancements and security improvements in Service Pack 2 made it even better. So if you already know how to turn on a PC and use a mouse, here's the place to learn how to use every fabulous feature of Windows XP. Let an expert show you the new security features and help you customize your Windows, manage files, go online safely, work with digital media, set up a network, and solve PC problems.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Windows XP
- Customize your desktop, taskbar, and Start menu
- Set up multiple monitors and multiple user accounts
- Protect your PC and privacy with new SP2 features including Windows Firewall, Pop-up Blocker, Data Execution Prevention (DEP), and Outlook Express virus protection
- Connect and use modern USB digital cameras, MP3 players, portable media players, jumpdrives, memory cards, and more
- Wirelessly connect Bluetooth devices to your PC, and use the Wireless Network Setup Wizard to create a wireless network
- Improve your Internet efficiency with instant messaging, transfer files with MSN Messenger, and upload or download files with FTP
- Create and manage digital photos, music, and movies, and transfer data from VHS, vinyl, and other analog media
- Learn to keep your PC running at maximum speed
- Explore home or small business networking options
- Use Speech-to-Text to have e-books and other content read aloud
- Use speech recognition to dictate text to Microsoft Word and other programs