Beginning Visual C# 2005
Creating next-generation software and applications is now easier than ever with the release of Visual C# 2005. This accessible book guides you through all aspects of C# programming and the capabilities of Visual Studio® 2005 so that you can begin developing customized applications.
You'll first learn all aspects of the C# language, from the fundamentals to object-oriented techniques. You'll then quickly progress through Windows® and Web programming to making use of data sources, and finally to some advanced techniques such as XML documentation and graphics programming with GDI+. Throughout the book, you'll also find helpful hints, tips, exercises, and full-fledged example code that will enhance your programming skills.
This book covers everything you need to know about Visual C# 2005 and the .NET Framework to create powerful, secure applications for mobile devices, Web applications, Windows applications, and Web services.
What you will learn from this book
- Ways to add functionality to your Visual C# applications
- How to publish applications to the Web with the click of a button
- Techniques for assembling advanced Windows applications with a minimum of effort and time
- Tips for using Web services to add complex data and functionality to Web applications
- How to improve your C# applications using object-oriented programming
- Steps for using ADO.NET to interact with databases and deal with XML
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to program in C# using the .NET Framework. It is also for programmers who know .NET 1.0 and want to find out about the latest features of .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.