Professional Web Parts and Custom Controls with ASP.NET 2.0
Custom controls, user controls, and Web Parts can make you moreproductive in many ways. You can create re-usable components foryour WebForms, package a piece of your user interface and re-use itacross several Web sites, and create exactly the ASP.NET controlsyou want. Web Parts, new with ASP.NET 2.0, allow you to create userinterfaces with the user's involvement, making you more productivethan ever before.
This book teaches you how to create controls using VisualStudio® 2005. Packed with business-related applications, itexplains the costs and benefits of different ways to accomplish agoal, offers scenarios illustrating the use of each technique, andhelps you make informed choices as you develop controlsspecifically geared to your business purposes.
What you will learn from this book
- The role of user controls, custom controls, and Web Parts insolving specific problems
- Methods for setting up your custom control project in VisualStudio 2005
- How to create a Web Part and extend the framework by addingfunctions
- New features in ASP.NET 2.0 that help you manage state in yourcontrols
- How to add client-side code to custom controls, build your ownvalidator control, and create a databinding control
Who this book is for
This book is for professional Web developers who already knowhow to create a WebForm and want to begin creating their owncontrols. Some experience with creating objects is helpful, butadvanced skill as an object developer is not necessary.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by workingprogrammers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.