SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 provides you with the business intelligence platform needed to build full-scale, multidimensional databases. MDX is the query language used to extract information from those multidimensional databases. Analysis Services 2005 supports core business functions such as market analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
Written by members of the Analysis Services product team at Microsoft, this timely and authoritative book shows you how to use Analysis Services along with SQL Server components like Integration Services, Data Mining, and Reporting Services to provide comprehensive, end-to-end solutions. Ultimately you'll learn to solve business problems by leveraging all the tools that SQL Server 2005 has to offer.
What you will learn from this book
- The development process for designing Unified Dimensional Models (UDM)
- Using to MDX to query databases and for sophicticated business analysis
- How to harness features such as multiple measure groups, BI wizards, Key performance indicators, and Actions
- How to integrate Analysis Services with other SQL Server 2005 components in order to provide the best possible end-to-end solutions
- How to manage and secure Analysis Services efficiently in support of your BI users
- How to optimize your design and/or scale Analysis Services to extract the best performance
Who this book is for
This book is for database and data warehouse developers and administrators interested in exploiting the power of BI and leveraging the SQL Server 2005 tool set.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.