Covering all the fundamentals of SQL Server 2005, this developer-oriented guide begins with an exploration of the foundation objects of SQL. Each chapter builds on the previous one, gradually progressing to increasingly advanced topics. By the time you've completed this book, you will be prepared to perform as an efficient SQL Server 2005 programmer, and, when ready, move on to the more advanced Professional title.
What you will learn from this book
- The various user-defined functions and triggers
- How to create and change tables
- Ways to manage keys, write scripts, and work with stored procedures
- Techniques for programming with XML
- How to use Reporting Services and Integration Services
- The different peripheral features of SQL
Who this book is for
This book is for Microsoft database developers of all levels who are looking for an authoritative resource for core syntax, systems, and strategies for the 2005 release of SQL Server.
Wrox Professional guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.