First, Barker explains how to install Visual C# 2005 ExpressEdition, which is included on the accompanying CD-ROM, and walksyou through programming basics. You'll then learn how to build userinterface elements in order to develop applications using WindowsForms. And you'll find out how to use data in your applications asyou examine database concepts, data controls, SQL Server ExpressEdition features, and ADO.NET.
This starter kit provides you with all the tools you'll need towrite your own programs in Visual C# 2005 Express Edition. It willhelp you quickly gain the skills to begin using C# so that you canproduce software applications that have no limits.
What you will learn from this book
- The basics of programming in the Windows® environment
- How to take advantage of the visual tools within Visual C# 2005Express Edition
- Ways to test and debug your applications so they runsmoothly
- Techniques for working with ADO.NET classes
- Tips for incorporating SQL Server Express Edition features intoyour applications
- How to develop applications with Visual C# 2005 Express Editionusing Windows Forms with Web Services and various useful controlsincluding RichText and Web Browser
Who this book is for
This book is for first time programmers who want an easy way todelve into the exciting features of Visual C# 2005 Express Editionand begin creating their own customized applications.
Wrox Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit gives youthe software tools you need to get started. It also providesstructured tutorials that walk you through all the techniques youneed to begin programming right away. The accompanying CD-ROMincludes Visual C# 2005 Express Edition.