How to secure systems that weren't built for security
Worldwide, critical economic and governmental infrastructures have evolved into complex networks that facilitate communication, cost reduction, and efficiency. But the very features that create such benefits make these supervisory control and data acquisition, or SCADA, systems a security nightmare.
In the first guidebook to specifically address this vital problem, a veteran systems security expert shows you how SCADA systems have developed and how to understand their components and architecture, recognize risks and vulnerabilities, and learn to use appropriate protocols and countermeasures to protect vital information from cyber-terrorism.
Learn how to make SCADA systems safe
- Understand SCADA system architectures and components
- Recognize breaches in security and what makes SCADA systems vulnerable
- See how SCADA security is critical at every level, from a small town's water supply to natural gas pipelines, oil refineries, and nuclear power plants
- Examine system architecture and understand how it contributes to security or vulnerability
- Explore effective countermeasures and safeguards and see how to apply them in your organization
- Understand why needed security measures are not being used in some operations
- Analyze your situation and take appropriate steps