Visual Studio 2005 is an enormous product. Incorporating the latestadvances in both Visual Basic® and C# as well as improvementsand new features in the user interface, it can be daunting withoutthe kind of guidance this book provides.
In these pages you'll learn to harness every feature of thisremarkable development tool. The opening section will familiarizeyou with the IDE structure and layout, various options andsettings, and other core aspects of Visual Studio 2005. Then youwill examine each of the nine major categories composing thefunctions of Visual Studio 2005. Every chapter is cross-referenced,so you can achieve a complete understanding of each feature and howall the elements work together to produce an effective programmingenvironment.
What you will learn from this book
- How to edit Application Configuration and XML resourcefiles
- Automated XML documentation and how to use Outline modes toreview your code
- The process for implementing good security
- How to use IntelliSense, regionalize your code, and tagsections of your program for later processing
- Effective ways to test and debug both code and databases
- Timesavers that use regular expressions, Registry hacks,third-party add-ons, and Microsoft® extensions
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who are new to Visual Studio as wellas programmers with some experience who want to learn aboutfeatures they may have overlooked. Familiarity with the traditionalprogramming model and both C# and Visual Basic languages isassumed.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by workingprogrammers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.