Visual Studio 2005 is an enormous product. Incorporating the latest advances in both Visual Basic® and C# as well as improvements and new features in the user interface, it can be daunting without the kind of guidance this book provides.
In these pages you'll learn to harness every feature of this remarkable development tool. The opening section will familiarize you with the IDE structure and layout, various options and settings, and other core aspects of Visual Studio 2005. Then you will examine each of the nine major categories composing the functions of Visual Studio 2005. Every chapter is cross-referenced, so you can achieve a complete understanding of each feature and how all the elements work together to produce an effective programming environment.
What you will learn from this book
- How to edit Application Configuration and XML resource files
- Automated XML documentation and how to use Outline modes to review your code
- The process for implementing good security
- How to use IntelliSense, regionalize your code, and tag sections of your program for later processing
- Effective ways to test and debug both code and databases
- Timesavers that use regular expressions, Registry hacks, third-party add-ons, and Microsoft® extensions
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who are new to Visual Studio as well as programmers with some experience who want to learn about features they may have overlooked. Familiarity with the traditional programming model and both C# and Visual Basic languages is assumed.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.