"Long after the novice has completed the tutorials, they will treasure Introducing Maya 5: 3D for Beginners for its clear demonstration of essential concepts."
Alias' Academy Award® winning Maya 3D animation and effects software leads the industry in technological innovation. Film and video artists, computer game developers, and design professionals rely on Maya to create brilliant digital imagery, animation, and visual effects. Now you can enter this exciting, imaginative world and learn to build, render, and animate your own digital characters and scenes.
Brought to you from Maya Press, a publishing partnership between Sybex and Alias, Introducing Maya 5: 3D for Beginners is the ideal initiation to 3D and Maya. This easy-to-grasp tutorial, written explicitly for the Maya novice, offers up a practical and fun approach to learning Maya’s core features. Clear-cut, engaging lessons let you try out these features using working files provided on the CD. The CD and full-color insert also provide plenty of instructional and finished art.
Enter a New Dimension
- Get a solid grasp of the core Maya and 3D
- Learn to navigate the Maya interface
- Experiment with Maya modeling
- Explore the basics of NURBS, polygons, and subdivision surfaces
- Learn the nuances of shading and texturing
- Try your hand at animation
- Get a feel for Maya lighting, rendering, and dynamics