Create Powerful Business Applications with Excel 2003
Excel 2003 is an ideal application development platform for all levels of business needs. If you're an advanced Excel user looking to gain programming experience, or a skilled developer new to Excel or the Excel Object Model, this no-nonsense book teaches you how to build custom applications that can generate substantial time and cost savings for you, your employer, and your customers.
Written by a professional with nearly a decade of experience producing Excel/VBA solutions, Mastering Excel 2003 Programming with VBA conveys the precise knowledge and techniques you need to be highly productive. You’ll master the most critical Excel objects and development practices necessary to create a complete solution, including working with XML data, Smart Document technology, and database integration with ADO. And you can readily apply the practical advice and reusable code examples to your own projects.
In his friendly style, author Steven Hansen makes the information easy to grasp and entertaining to read, and he does not shy away from challenging material. You’ll learn all about:
- Ramping up with VBA
- Debugging tools and tactics that work
- Mastering the Excel Object Model
- Developing class modules
- Customizing Excel UserForms
- Integrating Excel with other applications
- Incorporating text files in your solution
- Coding solutions that leverage a database
- Using XML in Excel
- Designing user-friendly toolbars and menus
- Building Excel 2003 Smart Documents
- Deploying your solution