You're an artistic visionary, right? In your head you imagine clever image fixes, fanciful photo manipulations, and artworks of startling genius. But when it comes to bringing these visions to life on your computer—well, that’s the hard part. If this sounds familiar, then Photoshop wiz Al Ward’s innovative and personal guide to the art of photo manipulation might just be the key to making your dreams come true.
Photoshop for Right-Brainers doesn't hamstring you with follow-the-leader, cookie-cutter techniques. Instead, the book explores the artistic creation process, demonstrating how Photoshop can open pathways for originality and keep you from getting stuck creatively. You'll start off doing real-world Photoshop work to get a firm grounding in the essential tools and techniques. Then you'll work through complex projects, honing your skills and learning how to translate even your wildest visions into reality. By the end you’ll be able to generate mind-blowing photographic art of your own.
Inside you'll learn how to:
- Expertly blend multiple photographs into composites that are incredibly real
- Add sharpness and detail to any image
- Retouch a portrait like a pro: soften wrinkles, erase blemishes, whiten teeth, and more
- Create mind-boggling mirror effects
- Control reflections and highlights as you manipulate reflective surfaces like chrome and glass
- Turn any photograph into a line drawing or an oil painting
- Map patterns onto contoured surfaces for greater realism
- Subtly adjust colors to make them more vivid—or replace them completely
- Prepare your artwork for display online or in printed contact sheets and picture packages
- And much more!