"... a book that needs to be on every motion graphic designer'sshelf."
--Scott Kelby, President, National Association of PhotoshopProfessionals
Author Jeff Foster appeared on the DV Guys, a weekly radio showdevoted to DV professionals and enthusiasts, for a LIVE onlineinterview on Thursday, June 17, 2004. If you missed it, you canstill listen to their archive.
If you're in the business of motion graphics or desktop digitalvideo production, you know that Adobe's After Effects and Photoshopare two of the most indispensable content creation tools. Moreintegrated than ever before, the world's number-one compositing andimage-editing programs can be used in tandem to create quality workat a relatively low cost. But it takes years of experience tofigure out how to get the most out of this remarkable duo.
With After Effects and Photoshop: Animation and ProductionEffects for DV and Film, graphics guru Jeff Foster has createdthe first book devoted to showing how you can use these twoprograms together to produce animations and effects on the desktop.This practical guide focuses exclusively on techniques commonlyused in the field as well as cutting-edge production tricks. Thesehands-on projects will demystify cool Hollywood effects and helpyou solve your daily challenges. And they’ll inspire you tothink more artistically when approaching your creations.
Inside, you'll discover pro techniques for motion graphics andvideo production, including how to:
- Add depth and realism to your animations by mimicking realmotion
- Use exaggerated movements to enhance characterization
- Apply 3-D animation to 2-D images
- Remove background fodder with blue-screen garbage mattes
- Employ rotoscoping techniques for frame-by-frameretouching
- Construct realistic composites and scene locations using mattepainting techniques
- Make movies from stills by simulating 3-D camera motion
- Utilize perspective, speed, and scale to create believablemoving objects
- Produce realistic special effects such as noise, clouds, andsmoke
- Practice imaginative motion titling effects that grabpeople’s attention
- Develop professional scene transitions using 3-D layeranimations
- And much more!