"Jeff Foster has created the one indispensable and definitive production guide to two of the world's greatest symbiotic tools: After Effect and Photoshop."
—Jack H. Davis, coauthor, the Photoshop Wow! books and How to Wow: Photoshop for Photography
Nothing beats the tight synergy of After Effects and Photoshop for creating professional-level effects, and nothing beats this book for showing you how Hollywood professionals really use these programs.
In this second edition to his bestselling book, TV and movie graphics veteran Jeff Foster provides all-new information on After Effects 7 and Photoshop CS2—plus expanded coverage of blue/green screening and titling, beautiful new images, and innovative real-world solutions for today's professionals. Better than ever, this must-have reference is still the only guide that shows how to use these two superpower programs together to achieve professional results.
The DVD includes production materials, third-party plug-ins and filters, and stock video. You'll also find project files and footage to go with every one of the book's projects, which require After Effects 7 or later.
Learn what the pros know, including how to:
- Add depth to your animation by mimicking real motion
- Grab your audience's attention with creative motion titling
- Shoot a clean blue/green screen
- Apply 3D animation to 2D images
- Remove backgrounds with blue-screen garbage mattes
- Retouch frame by frame with rotoscoping
- Construct realistic composites and locales with matte painting
- Make movies from stills by simulating 3D camera motion
- Produce realistic effects such as noise, clouds, and smoke