"Jeff Foster has created the one indispensable and definitiveproduction guide to two of the world's greatest symbiotic tools:After Effect and Photoshop."
—Jack H. Davis, coauthor, the Photoshop Wow! books andHow to Wow: Photoshop for Photography
Nothing beats the tight synergy of After Effects and Photoshopfor creating professional-level effects, and nothing beats thisbook for showing you how Hollywood professionals really use theseprograms.
In this second edition to his bestselling book, TV and moviegraphics veteran Jeff Foster provides all-new information on AfterEffects 7 and Photoshop CS2—plus expanded coverage ofblue/green screening and titling, beautiful new images, andinnovative real-world solutions for today's professionals. Betterthan ever, this must-have reference is still the only guide thatshows how to use these two superpower programs together to achieveprofessional results.
The DVD includes production materials, third-party plug-ins andfilters, and stock video. You'll also find project files andfootage to go with every one of the book's projects, which requireAfter Effects 7 or later.
Learn what the pros know, including how to:
- Add depth to your animation by mimicking real motion
- Grab your audience's attention with creative motiontitling
- Shoot a clean blue/green screen
- Apply 3D animation to 2D images
- Remove backgrounds with blue-screen garbage mattes
- Retouch frame by frame with rotoscoping
- Construct realistic composites and locales with mattepainting
- Make movies from stills by simulating 3D camera motion
- Produce realistic effects such as noise, clouds, and smoke