Optimize your code so that it runs faster
Create Ajax applications with the XmlHttpRequest object
Validate web forms to improve usability
Take control of your web pages with the DOM
Create slick drop-down menu systems
Included in this book is extensive coverage of DHTML and Ajax, including how-to create and customize advanced effects such as draggable elements, dynamically sorting data in a Web Browser, advanced menu systems, retrieving data from a Web Server using XMLHttpRequest and more.
From the Publisher
Among the 101 Tips, Tricks & Hacks you'll learn how-to:
Who Should Read This Book?
- Search and replace text using regular expressions.
- Navigate the DOM and create, delete, and move elements on the page.
- Validate email addresses on your web forms.
- Print inline error messages when validating forms.
- Minimize the problems associated with popup windows.
- Make a slideshow of images.
- Ensure your code works on different browsers.
- Make a style sheet switcher.
- Build an accessible drop-down menu system.
- Construct drag 'n' drop interfaces using AJAX.
- Use the XMLHttpRequest object to build AJAX applications.
- And much more!
The book is written in the usual SitePoint style: it's clear and fun to read, with plenty of example code that you can apply immediately to your own web sites. Plus, it's super-easy to navigate the book to find exactly what you want thanks to its cookbook approach and professionally-produced index. It's the perfect reference book.
There's no need to re-type any of the code in the book. As always, customers receive instant download access to all the files used in the book, so you can apply them immediately to your own projects.