HTML5 and CSS3 for the Real World is your perfect introduction to the latest generation of web technologies. This easy-to-follow guide covers everything you need to know to get started today. You'll master the semantic markup available in HTML5, as well as how to use CSS3 to create amazing-looking websites without resorting to complex workarounds.
You'll learn how to:
- Lose that pesky Flash habit by embracing native HTML5 video
- Set type that truly supports your message
- Build intelligent web forms that users will love!
- Design modern web apps the shine on mobile devices
- Create dynamic, efficient graphics on the fly with SVG and canvas
- Use shiny new APIs to add geolocation and offline functionality
- Build your own full featured HTML5 website, the HTML5 Herald
This easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with lots of examples, and leads readers through the process of creating great websites from start to finish using HTML5 and CSS3.