Get up to speed on the premier business intelligencetoolset
SQL Server 2012 is packed with powerful new Analysis Servicesfeatures that will dramatically enhance business intelligence.Written by key members of Microsoft's product team, this book showsyou how to apply these new capabilities to create sophisticated BIsolutions. In order to accomplish this, you'll learn how to design,build, and work with the multidimensional and tabular BusinessIntelligence Semantic Model (BISM) using SQL Server AnalysisServices. You'll then use MDX and DAX to query those databases soyou can provide advanced analysis of business problems and buildend-to-end solutions to meet your needs.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services withMDX and DAX:
- Shows how to utilize SQL Server Data Tools to build AnalysisServices multidimensional and tabular databases
- Shares fundamental concepts of DAX and MDX and dives intoadvanced concepts such as parent-child hierarchies and time-basedanalysis
- Demonstrates methods for analyzing and optimizing DAX and MDXquery performance
- Describes how to use Excel 2010 in conjunction with AnalysisServices to analyze data and effectively use PowerPivot® forSharePoint®
- Explains Power View setup and configuration and presentsreal-world scenarios to help simplify reporting
Wrox Professional guides are written by workingdevelopers to address everyday needs. They provide examples,practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, alldesigned to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.