Get up to speed on the premier business intelligence toolset
SQL Server 2012 is packed with powerful new Analysis Services features that will dramatically enhance business intelligence. Written by key members of Microsoft's product team, this book shows you how to apply these new capabilities to create sophisticated BI solutions. In order to accomplish this, you'll learn how to design, build, and work with the multidimensional and tabular Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM) using SQL Server Analysis Services. You'll then use MDX and DAX to query those databases so you can provide advanced analysis of business problems and build end-to-end solutions to meet your needs.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services with MDX and DAX:
- Shows how to utilize SQL Server Data Tools to build Analysis Services multidimensional and tabular databases
- Shares fundamental concepts of DAX and MDX and dives into advanced concepts such as parent-child hierarchies and time-based analysis
- Demonstrates methods for analyzing and optimizing DAX and MDX query performance
- Describes how to use Excel 2010 in conjunction with Analysis Services to analyze data and effectively use PowerPivot® for SharePoint®
- Explains Power View setup and configuration and presents real-world scenarios to help simplify reporting
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.