Dive into the key aspects of XML to deliver data on theweb
From simple data transfers to providing multi-channeled content,there's so much you can do with XML and this guide will get youstarted. It walks you through everything you need to know aboutthis powerful language, including what it is, how it works, whattechnologies accompany it, and how you can apply it. You'll quicklydiscover how to manipulate XML documents, store XML in databases,extract data, utilize web services, and even use it for web pageand image display. With the help of a case study, you'll even learnhow to apply this information to give your programming a boost.
Beginning XML, 5th Edition
- Covers the goals of XML and the rules for constructing it
- Explores different techniques that help you verify that the XMLis in the correct format
- Shows how to work with XQuery to create new XML documents andquery existing data
- Explains how to retrieve data using DOM, XPath, and LINQ toXML
- Examines programming techniques specifically designed to copewith large documents
- Details how to present data for use by different systems
- Demonstrates a realistic XML pipeline used in a publishingbusiness
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that guides you through allthe techniques involved.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.