Dive into the key aspects of XML to deliver data on the web
From simple data transfers to providing multi-channeled content, there's so much you can do with XML and this guide will get you started. It walks you through everything you need to know about this powerful language, including what it is, how it works, what technologies accompany it, and how you can apply it. You'll quickly discover how to manipulate XML documents, store XML in databases, extract data, utilize web services, and even use it for web page and image display. With the help of a case study, you'll even learn how to apply this information to give your programming a boost.
Beginning XML, 5th Edition
- Covers the goals of XML and the rules for constructing it
- Explores different techniques that help you verify that the XML is in the correct format
- Shows how to work with XQuery to create new XML documents and query existing data
- Explains how to retrieve data using DOM, XPath, and LINQ to XML
- Examines programming techniques specifically designed to cope with large documents
- Details how to present data for use by different systems
- Demonstrates a realistic XML pipeline used in a publishing business
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that guides you through all the techniques involved.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.