Take charge of your image
You can do it
Part art and part science, photography records and preserves the moments of our lives. Sure, you can snap a picture with your smartphone. But if you want to create a truly memorable portrait of a moment, you must master lighting, exposure, and focus. When you control what makes the photo, you — not the camera — control the results.
Enter the exhilarating world beyond auto mode, and feel the power of crafting the total image.
- Master the exposure triangle: ISO, aperture, and shutter speed
- Experiment with settings to learn what they do
- Practice with semi-automatic modes
- See how different types of light affect your image
- Understand exactly what you can control and what the camera controls
- Explore settings for portraits, landscapes, and other common shots
- Learn to create the perfect image in the camera, instead of fixing a mediocre image with Photoshop