Learn to build data-driven Android apps for enterprisesystems
Android devices have moved beyond consumer applications intocorporate and enterprise use. If you are eager to start buildingdata-driven Android applications that integrate with enterprisesystems, this book shows you how. The authors thoroughly explainhow to use content providers to share data, adapters to displaydata, and web services to transmit data. They also show how tointegrate applications with existing enterprise systems, securedata, and synchronize data. By the end of the book, you'll have asolid understanding of how to create data-intensive applicationsthat today's businesses demand.
- Focuses on making and using simple databases for caching orsyncing results for REST-based applications
- Covers ContentProvider, REST, concurrency, and networking
- Details ways to use Hibernate to create a RESTful web serviceand connect it to Android
- Helps you enhance performance by avoidingCRUD-over-the-Internet
- Gets you started writing backend cloud services that connect toAndroid
- Introduces a new open source and generic synchronizationframework designed specifically to integrate with Android APIs
- Addresses the security-oriented aspect of applicationimplementation
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.