Learn to build data-driven Android apps for enterprise systems
Android devices have moved beyond consumer applications into corporate and enterprise use. If you are eager to start building data-driven Android applications that integrate with enterprise systems, this book shows you how. The authors thoroughly explain how to use content providers to share data, adapters to display data, and web services to transmit data. They also show how to integrate applications with existing enterprise systems, secure data, and synchronize data. By the end of the book, you'll have a solid understanding of how to create data-intensive applications that today's businesses demand.
- Focuses on making and using simple databases for caching or syncing results for REST-based applications
- Covers ContentProvider, REST, concurrency, and networking
- Details ways to use Hibernate to create a RESTful web service and connect it to Android
- Helps you enhance performance by avoiding CRUD-over-the-Internet
- Gets you started writing backend cloud services that connect to Android
- Introduces a new open source and generic synchronization framework designed specifically to integrate with Android APIs
- Addresses the security-oriented aspect of application implementation
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.