I stopped reading because I was tempted to steal stuff for my next book!"
—Steve Krug, author of Don't Make Me Think
If you're serious about creating great user experiences, this is a must-read book! Eric's insights on usability are reinforced with delightful examples and are presented with a business-smart perspective that few others can match."
—Richard Dalton, Senior Manager, Experience Strategy & Measurement, The Vanguard Group
"I just want it to work!"
That's what "usability" means to the user. It's about whether a product or service does what the user wants—and expects—it to do. And that's what makes people want—or not want—what you have to sell. This book is packed with suggestions, steps, and guidelines to help you create products and services that do what users want. Many of them are unbelievably simple. They just work.
How to create usable stuff
- Have clear goals for what you want to accomplish
- Use the checklists in each chapter to help you spot potential problems
- Learn what makes users happy—or not happy
- Discover three keys to responsiveness
- Put logical reasoning to work for you
- Improve profitability by improving usability