- Book, CD, or both pick the way you learn best
- Four hours of Windows 8 instruction
- Easy-to-follow format that lets you learn at your own pace
This self-paced course gets you up to speed on all the newWindows 8 features
Windows 8 is full of new interfaces that will make evenexperienced Windows users look for some guidance. These 11interactive lessons walk you through the new features, fromnavigating the Start screen and using charms to working with thedesktop, using SkyDrive, managing user accounts, navigating atouchscreen, troubleshooting, and more.
- Start out right tour the new Start screen, work withcharms, and run and manage apps
- The magic touch learn to navigate Windows on touchscreendevices
- Cruise the Internet get online with Internet Explorer,guard your privacy, and stay secure
- Share safely set up a home network, share files andprinters, manage user accounts, and configure your PC
- Explore apps and media use built-in apps for messaging,photos, and weather; set up Windows Media Player; and play musicand videos
Open and find:
- Advice on using the Start screen apps
- Where to find the traditional desktop environment
- Tips for customizing the taskbar
- How to upload files to SkyDrive
- Steps for setting up a wireless router
- Help deciphering media file formats
- Ways to protect your kids online
- Troubleshooting advice
The For Dummies eLearning Kit lets you choose your idealway to learnfrom the book, the CD, or both!
Learn from a full-color, richly illustrated book
If you prefer to learn from a book, this one is perfect. Fromsigning in to performing a system recovery, specific steps show youthe way. Clear definitions and hands-on tutorials make learningWindows 8 a snap.
The book includes:
- Clear tutorials covering the Start screen, built-in apps, andgetting online
- Lessons on managing user accounts and networking
- Defined objectives, concept descriptions, and practiceexercises
Learn interactively and see how it's done with the CD-ROM
If you like to see and hear instructions, the CD offers narratedsteps, illustrations, animations, exercises, resources, and more.You'll gain a full working knowledge of Windows 8 from these 11interactive lessons.
The CD-ROM includes:
- Four hours of digital Windows 8 training
- Integrated audio and video instruction
- Easy navigation controls and progress-tracking features
Enrich your learning experience with For DummieseLearning!
Your purchase of this For Dummies eLearning Kit includesaccess to the course online at the For Dummies eLearningCenter. From the enclosed CD-ROM, you will have access to thiscourse for six (6) months. You may also access additional ForDummies eLearning courses, participate in our online eLearningcommunity, and share through eLearning blogs. Register now andstart your online eLearning experience!
Each course includes:
- Integrated audio and video instruction, including screencasts,illustrations, animations, and video
- Interactivity to immediately reinforce what you've learned
- Progress tracking for all lessons to show your status and whatyou've completed