- Book, CD, or both — pick the way you learn best
- Four hours of Windows 8 instruction
- Easy-to-follow format that lets you learn at your own pace
This self-paced course gets you up to speed on all the new Windows 8 features
Windows 8 is full of new interfaces that will make even experienced Windows users look for some guidance. These 11 interactive lessons walk you through the new features, from navigating the Start screen and using charms to working with the desktop, using SkyDrive, managing user accounts, navigating a touchscreen, troubleshooting, and more.
- Start out right — tour the new Start screen, work with charms, and run and manage apps
- The magic touch — learn to navigate Windows on touchscreen devices
- Cruise the Internet — get online with Internet Explorer, guard your privacy, and stay secure
- Share safely — set up a home network, share files and printers, manage user accounts, and configure your PC
- Explore apps and media — use built-in apps for messaging, photos, and weather; set up Windows Media Player; and play music and videos
Open and find:
- Advice on using the Start screen apps
- Where to find the traditional desktop environment
- Tips for customizing the taskbar
- How to upload files to SkyDrive
- Steps for setting up a wireless router
- Help deciphering media file formats
- Ways to protect your kids online
- Troubleshooting advice
The For Dummies eLearning Kit lets you choose your ideal way to learn—from the book, the CD, or both!
Learn from a full-color, richly illustrated book
If you prefer to learn from a book, this one is perfect. From signing in to performing a system recovery, specific steps show you the way. Clear definitions and hands-on tutorials make learning Windows 8 a snap.
The book includes:
- Clear tutorials covering the Start screen, built-in apps, and getting online
- Lessons on managing user accounts and networking
- Defined objectives, concept descriptions, and practice exercises
Learn interactively and see how it's done with the CD-ROM
If you like to see and hear instructions, the CD offers narrated steps, illustrations, animations, exercises, resources, and more. You'll gain a full working knowledge of Windows 8 from these 11 interactive lessons.
The CD-ROM includes:
- Four hours of digital Windows 8 training
- Integrated audio and video instruction
- Easy navigation controls and progress-tracking features
Enrich your learning experience with For Dummies eLearning!
Your purchase of this For Dummies eLearning Kit includes access to the course online at the For Dummies eLearning Center. From the enclosed CD-ROM, you will have access to this course for six (6) months. You may also access additional For Dummies eLearning courses, participate in our online eLearning community, and share through eLearning blogs. Register now and start your online eLearning experience!
Each course includes:
- Integrated audio and video instruction, including screencasts, illustrations, animations, and video
- Interactivity to immediately reinforce what you've learned
- Progress tracking for all lessons to show your status and what you've completed