Step-by-step tutorial for mastering Linux
Complete guide for becoming a Linux Professional
Build Linux desktop and server skills
Advance to enterprise-level computing
Become a Linux system admin or power user
Your definitive guide to becoming a Linux expert
As a bestselling Linux author and full-time trainer for Red Hat, Christopher Negus has helped thousands of beginning and experienced Linux users become certified professionals. In this full updated edition of the popular Linux Bible, Negus and contributing author Christine Bresnahan give you a thorough Linux tutorial, complete with helpful exercises at the end of each chapter.
This new Linux Bible is a great hands-on tool and reference that will take you from beginner to power user.
If you want to...
- Learn Linux, but have never used it before
- Acquire the foundation to become a certified Linux professional
- Start on a career path that will last for decades
- Master skills you can use with all Linux distributions
...this is the book for you.
Learn how to:
- Install, set up, and use powerful Linux systems for desktops and servers
- Configure the perfect Linux desktop system
- Perform critical system administration tasks
- Set up your own print, file, and Web servers
- Get a stable and secure system using Linux security tools
- Move into enterprise-level computing
Start with any Linux system and advance to enterprise Linux computing
- Use your favorite Linux distribution to learn and test your skills with Linux command-line tools
- Learn professional system administration tasks using Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or other enterprise-ready Linux systems