This step-by-step resource quickly helps you become proficient with all the essentials of Autodesk's powerful architectural design software. Gain skills and confidence as you complete each detailed, hands-on exercise and learn how to best use and apply AutoCAD's commands and capabilities.
AutoCAD expert and "CAD Geek" blogger Donnie Gladfelter first guides you through the basics, including navigating the interface and creating your first drawings. You'll then move into more advanced features, such as grouping, elevations, and hatches, before diving into the 3D world. All of the drawing files can be downloaded from the book's companion website so you can jump in at any stage. If you want a hands-on, project-based guide that will help you rapidly harness the power of AutoCAD, this is the perfect book.
- Get familiar with the AutoCAD user interface and immediately start using basic commands
- Master all the new AutoCAD 2013 features, including Autodesk 360, which are clearly marked
- Develop strategies that will help you use drawing commands more efficiently
- Work with AutoCAD's major features, including blocks, hatches, and annotations
- Organize the various components of a drawing by applying the National CAD Standard
- Utilize Sheet Set Manager to manage and create document sets
- Set up a title block and layouts to print your drawing
Highly detailed illustrations help you learn real-world industry techniques
Learn to create, assemble, and manage a complete set of design documents
Apply state-of-the-art modeling tools to create 3D visualizations