Dive into the exciting world of Visual Basicprogramming
Whether you want to create desktop programs, build webapplications, or develop your own Windows 8 Apps, Visual Basic 2012gets you there, and this book shows you how. With the help ofstep-by-step tasks and sample code, you'll be programming yourfirst Visual Basic applications in no time. You'll gain a solidunderstanding of the language and progress to more advanced topicsthat take your skills to the next level. With your improved skillset, you'll be amazed by the solutions you can create.
Beginning Visual Basic 2012:
- Takes you through the basics of writing software andcontrolling the flow of the program
- Describes how to work with data structures, use XAML, and buildWindows® applications
- Covers debugging and the use of structured error handling
- Shows how to build class libraries, use strong names, andregister assemblies
- Discusses database programming with SQL Server® andADO.NET
- Explores the basic components of web applications and divesinto building websites
- Examines the new style for developing Windows 8 touchapplications
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that guides you through allthe techniques involved.