Learn to use TFS 2012 to effectively deliver softwareprojects
Team Foundation Server is the core collaboration tool at theheart of Microsoft's Application Lifecycle Management portfolio.Completely revised and updated to focus on TFS 2012, this bookprovides an in-depth look at how to use, adapt, and extend TFS toyour advantage. It addresses the many changes that have taken placesince the original TFS 2005 release and pays particular attentionto the new functionality introduced since TFS 2010, including thenew web-based agile project planning tools, and it details thefundamental changes to the centralized version control system. Thisbook also provides full details on using the new Team Explorerexperience, including working with the new My Work and Code Reviewfunctionality. Written by a hand-picked team of Microsoft insiders,this book arms you with the information you need to effectivelymanage and deliver software projects with TFS.
Professional Team Foundation Server 2012:
- Walks you through planning, installing, and customizing yourTFS deployment
- Features a comprehensive overview of the new Local Workspacesfeature in version control
- Offers tips for effectively developing in parallel usingbranching and merging, and for ensuring code quality
- Shares techniques for adopting and using work item tracking aswell as customizing your process templates
- Reviews how to automate and customize the build process
- Details how to use TFS from Eclipse or from Linux and Mac aswell as Visual Studio
- Reviews administering a TFS environment including creating aback-up plan, handling disaster recovery, upgrading to TFS 2012,monitoring server health, and more
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.