Learn to use TFS 2012 to effectively deliver software projects
Team Foundation Server is the core collaboration tool at the heart of Microsoft's Application Lifecycle Management portfolio. Completely revised and updated to focus on TFS 2012, this book provides an in-depth look at how to use, adapt, and extend TFS to your advantage. It addresses the many changes that have taken place since the original TFS 2005 release and pays particular attention to the new functionality introduced since TFS 2010, including the new web-based agile project planning tools, and it details the fundamental changes to the centralized version control system. This book also provides full details on using the new Team Explorer experience, including working with the new My Work and Code Review functionality. Written by a hand-picked team of Microsoft insiders, this book arms you with the information you need to effectively manage and deliver software projects with TFS.
Professional Team Foundation Server 2012:
- Walks you through planning, installing, and customizing your TFS deployment
- Features a comprehensive overview of the new Local Workspaces feature in version control
- Offers tips for effectively developing in parallel using branching and merging, and for ensuring code quality
- Shares techniques for adopting and using work item tracking as well as customizing your process templates
- Reviews how to automate and customize the build process
- Details how to use TFS from Eclipse or from Linux and Mac as well as Visual Studio
- Reviews administering a TFS environment including creating a back-up plan, handling disaster recovery, upgrading to TFS 2012, monitoring server health, and more
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.