Explore Visual Basic 2012 and .NET 4.5 with this updated resource
The new Visual Basic 2012 and its compatibility with .NET 4.5 require that programmers be familiar with all the latest subject matter. After a quick refresher of the basics, this must-have resource quickly dives into more advanced topics to examine the important topics, such as data access with ADO.NET, security, ASP.NET web programming with VB, Windows workflow, and threading. In-depth coverage looks at the new .NET features, including LINQ, WCF, XML, WPF, and more. Plus, you'll address exception handling and debugging, Visual Studio features, and deployment.
Professional Visual Basic 2012 and .NET 4.5 Programming:
- Details the elements of a .NET application and discusses how to create your own namespace
- Addresses implementing inheritance and creating an abstract base class
- Highlights advanced language concepts such as lambdas, iterators, and async keywords
- Reviews designer concepts and the Win8 client
- Discusses assemblies and reflection, parallel programming using tasks and threads, and deployment
- Looks at XAML syntax, using XAML to create a window, and creating a WinRT XAML application
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.