Learn both C# and object-oriented programming!
Assuming no prior programming experience, this beginner's guide introduces you to object-oriented programming using the C# programming language to demonstrate all of the core constructs of this programming paradigm. Author Jack Purdum uses knowledge gained from more than 25 years of teaching experience to give you this thorough, yet easy-to-understand introduction to object-oriented programming with C#. Each chapter reinforces the programming philosophy and concepts of object-oriented programming, while real-world situations demonstrate how to design, create, test, and deliver your programs. With this engaging and motivating book, you will be eager to start writing programs right away.
Beginning Object-Oriented Programming with C#:
- Teaches programming language fundamentals using C# with Visual Studio 2012 as the programming environment
- Helps you fully understand how reference and value data types differ and how those differences affect your programs
- Walks you through designing and writing object-oriented programs and custom classes
- Explores various types of program errors; explains how to detect, isolate, and correct such errors; and addresses how to prevent further errors using defensive coding techniques
- Teaches you advanced features such as database programming, inheritance, and polymorphism
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.