What would you create if you had a machine that could make (almost) anything?
Fabricated offers you practical and imaginative insight into the question, "How will 3D printing change my life?" This book is an informative and fast-paced exploration of 3D printing technologies and the people who use them. You'll take a journey to design studios, businesses, schools, and cutting-edge research labs. Based on hundreds of hours of interviews, Fabricated explores the promise and peril of a 3D printed present and future.
- Businesses will be liberated from the tyrannies of economies of scale
- Factories and global supply chains will shrink, finding themselves closer to their customers
- The law, already reeling from digital media, will once again need to be redefined
- Our environment might breathe easier in a 3D printed economy, or it could choke on a rising tide of plastic
- 3D printed digital and intelligent, adaptive materials will change our relationship with the physical world
If you're intrigued with new technology, business strategy, popular science, or the social impact of technology, Fabricated will fascinate you.