Renowned author Ivor Horton introduces you to Visual C++2012
There's a reason why Ivor Horton's books dominate themarketplace: his unique, easy-to-understand tutorial style ofcovering a topic is accessible to both novice and experiencedprogrammers. And now, with this updated guide, he delivers acomprehensive introduction to both the standard C++ languageand Visual C++ 2012. Step-by-step programming exercises,helpful examples, and clear solutions deftly walk you through theins and outs of C++ development. By the end of the book, you'llhave a solid understanding of how to build real-world applicationsusing Visual C++ 2012.
Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2012:
- Introduces you to the current version of the C++ language (C++11), as it is implemented in Microsoft® Visual Studio®2012
- Provides a comprehensive tutorial on using the complete VisualC++ programming language
- Explains the C++ Standard Template Library and how to apply itto make your programming tasks easier
- Shows you the principal elements of developing Windows desktopapplications in C++ using the Microsoft Foundation Classes
- Guides you through the development of a substantialWindows® 7 desktop application that you can also run underWindows® 8
- Illustrates how to develop Windows 8 Apps with Visual C++ usinga working game example
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.