Practical solutions and best practices for IIS 8
Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) is the leadinge-commerce web server. If you're a developer or administrator, youneed to be thoroughly up to speed with this platform. The expertauthors of this book not only cover common administrative tasks;they have gathered a wealth of information from people running andsupporting major intranets and web hosting facilities, giving youyou an in-depth look at IIS 8 extensibility and operationsmanagement. This indispensable, real-world reference examineswebsite administration, the core server, scalability, operationsmanagement, and much more.
Professional Microsoft IIS 8:
- Highlights automated options outside the GUI, including thePowerShell provider and AppCmd tool
- Explores extensibility options, including ISAPI andHTTPModules
- Delves into scalability options such as high availability/loadbalancing
- Offers IIS performance and optimization tips
- Clarifies integrated vs. classic modes and the requestprocessing pipeline
- Explains how to debug and troubleshoot IIS
- Discusses authentication and authorization
- Walks you through delegating remote administration andconfiguring other services
- Covers new features including URLRewrite and ApplicationRequest Routing
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written byworking programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.