Practical solutions and best practices for IIS 8
Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) is the leading e-commerce web server. If you're a developer or administrator, you need to be thoroughly up to speed with this platform. The expert authors of this book not only cover common administrative tasks; they have gathered a wealth of information from people running and supporting major intranets and web hosting facilities, giving you you an in-depth look at IIS 8 extensibility and operations management. This indispensable, real-world reference examines website administration, the core server, scalability, operations management, and much more.
Professional Microsoft IIS 8:
- Highlights automated options outside the GUI, including the PowerShell provider and AppCmd tool
- Explores extensibility options, including ISAPI and HTTPModules
- Delves into scalability options such as high availability/load balancing
- Offers IIS performance and optimization tips
- Clarifies integrated vs. classic modes and the request processing pipeline
- Explains how to debug and troubleshoot IIS
- Discusses authentication and authorization
- Walks you through delegating remote administration and configuring other services
- Covers new features including URLRewrite and Application Request Routing
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.