Harness the power of the latest version of WordPress
WordPress is the most popular self-hosted open source website software in use today, and the latest version makes it even simpler to operate. With this new edition, you'll find helpful examples, code downloads, and real-world tips from real-world developers, all of which reflect the current needs of developers. Each chapter has been reworked to provide the most up-to-date and correct methods for developing and designing in WordPress. This book covers WordPress development and design concepts above and beyond version features and provides a foundation for future development as WordPress is updated. This essential resource provides you with all you need to deploy successful WordPress sites.
Professional WordPress, Second Edition:
- Offers a code overview and provides the most up-to-date advice for working with WordPress locally
- Highlights custom post types, custom taxonomy, and meta data
- Features coverage of plugin and theme development
- Discusses WordPress as a content management system as well as its role in the enterprise and developer community
- Combines a developer view of user experience and optimization with the deployment requirements for performance, security, and measurement
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.