Harness the power of the latest version of WordPress
WordPress is the most popular self-hosted open source websitesoftware in use today, and the latest version makes it even simplerto operate. With this new edition, you'll find helpful examples,code downloads, and real-world tips from real-world developers, allof which reflect the current needs of developers. Each chapter hasbeen reworked to provide the most up-to-date and correct methodsfor developing and designing in WordPress. This book coversWordPress development and design concepts above and beyond versionfeatures and provides a foundation for future development asWordPress is updated. This essential resource provides you with allyou need to deploy successful WordPress sites.
Professional WordPress, Second Edition:
- Offers a code overview and provides the most up-to-date advicefor working with WordPress locally
- Highlights custom post types, custom taxonomy, and metadata
- Features coverage of plugin and theme development
- Discusses WordPress as a content management system as well asits role in the enterprise and developer community
- Combines a developer view of user experience and optimizationwith the deployment requirements for performance, security, andmeasurement
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.