An innovative approach to using your smartphone for home automation
Android Open Accessory (AOA) is a simple and secure protocol for connecting any microcontroller-empowered device to an Android smartphone or tablet. This unique book shows you how to use AOA with Arduino, the microcontroller platform, in order to automate everyday tasks in your home—such as lighting, air conditioning, and entertainment systems—with your smartphone. Assuming basic knowledge of the Android framework, this visionary author duo provides you with the tools you need to create powerful, sophisticated projects. Detailed explanations, helpful examples, and accessible prototypes all contribute to empowering you to take full advantage of Android technology.
Professional Android Open Accessory Programming with Arduino:
- Reviews the various options available for connecting an Arduino-based prototype to an Android phone
- Covers the basics of data communication and introduces MQTT
- Guides you through setting up both Android and Arduino
- Demonstrates how to build an Android library and create Android accessory applications
- Describes the processes for building each of the featured projects, using various sensors and indicators/actuators
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.